2022 Liquor Bag Contest
Contest Rules & Details
We are encouraging Alberta students to post their designs to Instagram for a chance to win some great prizes!
Good luck, have fun and remember … Friends Don’t Let Friends Drink & Drive! Who Can Enter?
The Liquor Bag Contest is open to any Alberta student currently in Grade 1 to Grade 12.How to Enter:
All contest submissions must be posted to Instagram
and the submission must
include the hashtag #SADDbag22
Every week, between November 28, 2022 and December 23, 2022, 3
winners will be selected and awarded $50 gift cards of their choice (a selection of options will be provided). An additional 1
Random Draw Winner will also be selected each week.
There will be a total of 16 winners selected by the end of the contest.Submission Details:
- All entries must be posted to Instagram only. No other social media platforms will be monitored for entries.
- All entries must include the hashtag #SADDbag22
- Entries must be posted using a "public" account. "Private" accounts cannot be monitored for entries.
- Entries can be submitted using a school account, parent's account, or campaign coordinator's account. We will contact the original poster to confirm winning bag contact information.
- Students can submit multiple entries, but can only win once.
- Once an entry has been submitted, it will be considered for judging during any subsequent weeks, even if it did not win during the week it was submitted (so you have a better chance of winning if you submit your entry early!).
- There is not a limit on the number of winning bags from a specific school, however judge's discretion may apply.
- There will not be a specific number of prizes awarded to different grade categories, however judge's discretion may apply.
- Winners will be contacted via direct message on Instagram for winning bag entrant's contact information. If no response is received within 48 hours, another bag may be selected.
- Student designs must contain images and/or messaging relating to the prevention of, or the risks associated with, driving while impaired by alcohol (i.e. drinking & driving) to participate in this contest.
- Submissions targeted to a specific event/holiday season (Christmas, etc.) will also be accepted.
- All submissions must be created on the SADD paper liquor bags provided to schools.
- All submissions must be the sole work of the student. (We understand that planning and encouragement may come from teachers, parents or friends however, all entries must be completed only by the students’ hand).
- No commercially created or sponsored entries will be considered.
- No part of the entry design or message shall be copyrighted material, trademark material, etc. This includes images, photographs, clip art, etc. Entries that include copyright material(s) will not be accepted.
- Only designs on the front of the bag will be considered for judging (pre-printed side with logos, etc.).
- No student information should be present on the liquor bag itself, other than the name of the school.
- All entries must reflect the contest theme and be appropriate for further distribution.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria by members of SADD Alberta:
- Overall theme incorporation (See above)
- Visual effectiveness
SADD Alberta reserves the right to not select a winning entry based on the discretion of the judging members.Additional Information:
- SADD Alberta reserves the right to revise or cancel the contest at any time without notice.
- All entries may be reproduced in full or in part by SADD Alberta.
- All entries may be edited by SADD Alberta to incorporate slogans, logos, etc. as required for printing and distribution.
- Any or all of the winning liquor bag designs may be reproduced by SADD Alberta for future promotions.
DO NOT mail any contest submissions to SADD Alberta.
- Entries must be posted to Instagram between November 28, 2022 and December 23, 2022.
- No late or incomplete entries will be considered.
- Winners will be announced weekly.
- Winning prizes should be expected to be delivered prior to January 31, 2023